Skilled Nursing Services
The Skilled Nurse has clinical nursing knowledge, physical assessment, teaching and procedures skills he/she has the ability to be directly responsible for assessing, planning, providing and documenting nursing care for a designated group of patients in accordance with the physician’s plan of care and Advent Home Health Services, Inc.’s policies and procedures. The provisions of quality care is accomplished by implementing, supervising and coordinating services provided and utilizing to LPN’s, Home Health Aides and completes documentation affectively and timely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes referrals and takes physician’s verbal orders as necessary in a timely manner. Channels referrals appropriately to Director of Nursing for assignment.
- Makes home visits, performs physical assessment, evaluates patient’s needs and consults with physicians if necessary to develop plan of care and documentations and in timely manner.
- Assesses need for additional health or ancillary services and prefers patients for service(s) when appropriate on a timely basis.
- Assesses family and home environment and makes recommendations, which will enhance patient care and promote safety.
- Interprets the admission, discharge and other policies of the company, physician, family, other health care providers, and community as needed.
- Provides clear written and verbal Home Health Aide and LPN assignments, updates instructions for the aides and LPN’s in a timely manner and document verbal instructions appropriately.
- Performs LPN supervisory visits to evaluate competency, if necessary. Provides skilled services and appropriate instructions to LPN and documents accordingly.
- Conducts Home Health Aide supervisory visits at least every two weeks either when the Home Health Aide is present to observe and assist or when the Home Health Aide is absent to assess relationships and determine whether goals are being met.
- Completes clear, concise and accurate clinical notes which documents skilled services and other required documentation appropriately and submit on a timely basis. Utilizes only universal abbreviation.
- Communicates necessary information to Director of Nursing.
- Provides and documents services in accordance with third party payer requirements and obtains prior authorization as required. Submits 485/recent information timely, accurately and legibly. Notifies data processing of payer source changes in a timely manner.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of ANC HomeHealth Services