Licensed Social Worker
- Responsible for implementing community educational programs, assessing problems and determining appropriate types and method of treatment, and implementing intervention methodologies; acts as Program Consultant to staff members with or without professional training; functions is such areas as counseling, protective service and family services.
- Assist in the assessment, planning, arranging and implementing of psychosocial programs.
- Responsible for the content of education and counseling programs for both individual patients or groups of patients and serves as liaison to community, individuals and groups as appropriate.
- Counsel patients and interpret to professional and lay groups the special psychosocial needs of patients by identifying psychosocial disorders.
- Performs short term counseling and crises intervention as necessary.
- Assist in the implementation of community and social programs as a professional counselor and mandates of service requirements.
- Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provide referrals for services needed.
- Coordinate with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services.
- Provide community service information as an outreach worker such as required.